Welcome to Wye School
Wye School, which opened in September 2013, is an all-ability, co-educational school serving up to 600 students aged 11 to 19. It is part of United Learning – a group of over 50 independent schools and academies across the country.
Our drive is to provide an excellent standard of education for the whole community which supports and develops each and every individual to be the very best they can be.
At Wye School we commit to:
- Be our very best, every day
- Develop all students academically, personally and socially to prepare them for the next stage in their lives
- Fulfil the potential of each and every individual in a caring environment
We are proud to be a happy, vibrant and supportive school community. We hope that you find all the information you need on this website. Communication is important to us; please make contact if you have any queries or would like to arrange a visit.
Chilmington Green Free School
United Learning has been given approval by the government to open a new Free School in Chilmington Green, Ashford. The brief is to open a 4-6 forms of entry mixed non-selective secondary school in September 2023. This will be housed in a new building on the A28 edge of the new Chilmington Green development. The new free school will join Wye School as the second United Learning secondary school in the Ashford area, and like Wye School will also work with Ashford School, our local United Learning independent school. The priority academic objectives are to:
- provide outstanding education for the Chilmington Green population;
- improve the quality of education in the Ashford area;
- to give access to a United Learning education for families currently living outside the Wye School catchment area in South and Central Ashford.
The new school is planned to open with Year 7 only and then grow progressively each year until completion as an 11-16 school in 2027, at which point it will open it's Sixth Form.
These are early days in the project for a new Free School and links to public information will be posted here when they become available.