Our Enrichment Programme
Learning beyond the Curriculum
Wye School offers much more than a strong academic curriculum. Through our diverse range of exciting enrichment activities, students are exposed to a wide array of new experiences, through which they develop new interests and gain key skills and attributes that will help them in all aspects of their lives.
As part of United Learning, we subscribe to the Pupil Pledge, where we track students’ access to rich and varied learning experiences. These include our pledge to each student to:
- Give them the opportunity to take part in a range of sport, music, drama, art and other activities
- Give them the opportunity to listen to inspirational speakers
- Give them the opportunity to attend artistic, cultural or sporting events
- Give them the opportunity to help others through voluntary activities
- Give them the opportunity to meet and work with pupils from other United Learning and local schools
Overall we pledge to our students that we will
Provide a good learning experience, every lesson, every day and help them prepare for life after they leave school.
Students at Wye School are encouraged to take responsibility for the world around them and learn about other cultures. We have hosted visits from Thai and Chinese students. We also have an established link with a school in India, a relationship which we will develop over the years.
Our Student Voice provides opportunities for all students to participate actively in the development of the school. This has included students:
- Furnishing the student social area
- Developing the school behaviour policy
- Establishing a rewards system
- Organising events
- Influencing the menus offered by our caterers
Our students provide more than a voice: they decide on what they want to do; they plan how it can be done; they source what might be needed to fulfil their ideas. We teach them that with power comes responsibility.
At all levels, we work closely with the community and students are encouraged to work alongside local organisations, residents and parents, making a positive contribution through organising events, providing entertainment, public speaking and fundraising initiatives.